What is Confidence?
In our everyday lives we meet people who exude confidence and self-esteem, whether it be work colleagues, friends, family members or professionals we meet along the way. They smile, they laugh and approach situations and challenges in a relaxed way, comfortable in their own skin and happy. They just seem to take everything in their stride and succeed in whatever they turn their hands to. For many of us however, that confidence and positive self-esteem can seem totally alien and an unachievable dream.
Almost everyone I see in my Aberdeenshire clinic in Banchory comes with confidence and self-esteem issues at one level or another. And the impact on their lives can be immense. Symptoms can include:
- A lack of assertiveness – difficulty stating your opinion, avoidance of conflict and a tendency to back down in order to please others.
- Emotional sensitivity – comments from others, even the way they look at you, can be interpreted negatively. Often there is a tendency to jump to negative and often worst case scenarios.
- Difficulty making decisions and sticking to them.
- Genuine compliments can be hard to believe.
- Fear of failure – often giving up on your goals easily or perhaps not even attempting them.
- Comparing yourself unfavourable to others.
- Poor posture – head down, slouching, perhaps feeling the need to hide yourself either physically or by your choice in clothing.
- Avoidance of situations and social contact.
- Over apologising.
The list goes on. It’s easy to see how a lock of confidence and self-esteem can affect all areas of life, holding you back and feeling unhappy and unfulfilled. The great news is that these feelings can be unlearned. At some time, even if it was so long ago in childhood that we can’t remember, we have all been confident and that ability is still there. It needs to be rediscovered and nurtured. Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is here to help.
How can Solution Focused Hypnotherapy help?
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy helps to get the real you back – happy, positive and confident. By supporting you once again to focus on what is good, what is already working and on your strengths, you can learn to rediscover that sense of confidence. By learning how your mind creates these unwanted feelings you can learn how to counteract them.
At Bon Accord Hypnotherapy there is no focus on problems of the past – the past has been and gone and all of the influences that could have made it better have gone with it. So it’s time to focus on moving forward, on how you do want things to be and on finding those small steps to allow you to get there.
You can be that confident, happy and successful person that you want to be. You deserve no less. Let Solution Focused Hypnotherapy help you to get there.
You can park your car just outside
All major credit & debit cards accepted
We are wheelchair friendly