If you are a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist looking for supervision, you have come to the right place – welcome! I am a qualified Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Supervisor having completed the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT) Supervisors course. I hold the Level 5 Supervisors Diploma, (level 5 NCFE). I am also a Senior Lecturer for CPHT and am in the process of opening a new school in Newcastle with my Colleague Cathy Cartwright. This involves me observing the full HPD course so I will be very much up to date with current teachings and research.
What is supervision?
The ultimate aim of supervision is to support therapists to provide the highest possible level of care to their clients. It is a mandatory requirement of professional bodies including the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH), The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
What are the benefits of supervision?
- Supports the development of clinical skills, ensuring the safety of clients
- Supports therapists’ business development through increasing clinical skills, confidence and marketing discussions
- Provides a safe, confidential and supportive environment for therapists to explore their work with clients and any issues or questions that may arise.
- Keeps therapists up to date with current research and updates to CPHT practices.
- Helps therapists to self-reflect in a positive and constructive way, identifying their existing strengths and resources and supporting them to find ways forward that are right for their clients.
- Group supervision is an invaluable way of peer learning and support. It also provides loan workers who may feel isolated with a supportive team and a sense of professional connection.
- Fulfils the mandatory requirements of professional organisations and registrations
- Keeps therapists energized, enthusiastic and focused
- It is fun, sociable and usually involves tea, coffee and cake!