If you are a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist looking for supervision, you have come to the right place – welcome! I am a qualified Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Supervisor having completed the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT) Supervisors course. I hold the Level 5 Supervisors Diploma, (level 5 NCFE). I am also a Senior Lecturer for CPHT and am in the process of opening a new school in Newcastle with my Colleague Cathy Cartwright. This involves me observing the full HPD course so I will be very much up to date with current teachings and research.
What is supervision
The ultimate aim of supervision is to support therapists to provide the highest possible level of care to their clients. It is a mandatory requirement of professional bodies including the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH), The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
What are the benefits of supervision
- Supports the development of clinical skills, ensuring the safety of clients
- Supports therapists’ business development through increasing clinical skills, confidence and marketing discussions
- Provides a safe, confidential and supportive environment for therapists to explore their work with clients and any issues or questions that may arise.
- Keeps therapists up to date with current research and updates to CPHT practices.
- Helps therapists to self-reflect in a positive and constructive way, identifying their existing strengths and resources and supporting them to find ways forward that are right for their clients.
- Group supervision is an invaluable way of peer learning and support. It also provides loan workers who may feel isolated with a supportive team and a sense of professional connection.
- Fulfils the mandatory requirements of professional organisations and registrations
- Keeps therapists energized, enthusiastic and focused
- It is fun, sociable and usually involves tea, coffee and cake!
Bon Accord Hypnotherapy, Banchory Business Centre, Burn O’Bennie Road, Banchory AB31 5ZU
Peer group supervision in a solution focused, positive and structured format provides a highly supportive and fun experience for therapists. It allows potentially isolated lone workers to feel part of a wider community of therapists while increasing confidence, morale, motivation and enthusiasm for clinical work for everyone. Positive interaction with colleagues provides both emotional and professional support.
The group approach facilitates access to a wide range of experience and explores scenarios which individual therapists may not have encountered yet but can learn from in order to be prepared for similar future experiences in their own practice. It allows us to learn from each other and share experience in a safe, respectful and mutually supportive environment while respecting the absolute need for confidentiality.
Group supervision sessions are structured and are likely to include the following:
- Establishing ground rules
- Identifying what is going well for each participant
- Identifying topics for discussion for each therapist including their best hopes for the session
- Research and other updates as appropriate (presented by the supervisor)
- Discussions of any CPD events attended or being considered, books and articles read.
- Reflecting on the usefulness of the group session
- Hypnotherapy session led by supervisor (time allowing).
In the event of a therapist being unable to attend group supervision or having an issue they prefer to discuss in privacy, one to one sessions are available.
Telephone and online sessions can be used in a variety of ways:
- Online access to group supervision
- As a primary source of one to one supervision.
- As a supplement to one to one or group sessions for urgent issues (up to 15 minutes per call adding up to a total of one hour per month).
Friday 18th October 2019
10am – 1pm
Friday 17th January 2020
“We do not learn from experience…we learn from reflecting on experience.”
- John Dewey
You can park your car just outside
All major credit & debit cards accepted
We are wheelchair friendly